Dec 29, 2009

the first years

My first childhood memories begin when I'm two years-old. I remember my house, how although it was small it was warm and cute. Quaint you might say. The walls were a light creamy color in every room. Outside we had a garden that I spent a lot of my time in. My mother loves sunflowers so we had a jungle of the tall flowers against the back wall. I loved running through them and pretending I was a tiger. We had a pet frog that lived among our garden and would always eat the bugs.

Now my parents, (meaning my mother and biological father), I don't really ever remember them being together. I remember them yelling at each other sometimes, I remember them cooking together, and I remember they both loved me. Other than that I don't remember.

When my mom left my dad I was 2 1/2. We lived with a friend of hers for a while until we got our own apartment.

So here starts memories with my mom in the first years:
-taking baths together (she would always get upset when I ate the bubbles)
-riding the city bus to get places because we didn't have a car
-our tiny Christmas tree with no lights just beads


Every weekend I would spend time with my dad who lived with my grandmother.
-him attempting to do my hair
-when I was afraid of sleeping in my bunk bed I slept with him
-we would make my beanie babies talk



Those are the first years. All that I remember anyway. I know it's a bit random and cluttered but that's how my memories of being two years-old are.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ashlee!

    I really love what you're doing with the blog. Your descriptions are very interesting and give your readers a huge insight as to who you were and who you are. I can't wait 'til the next one!

    PS--You should check out my blog. It's fictional, but no less insightful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dylan! That's really sweet of you. I'll so check yours out. I did have a blog on xanga, but someone hacked it and deleted two years worth of writing. But what better way to make up for than to start a new one right?

    I'll probably be posting on here often. I'm going to start at Kindergarten and work my way up. Plus everyday starting Jan 1st I'm posting my "Reasons to Be Happy"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. Can't wait to read more about your life :-)

    ReplyDelete